Oct 3, 2005

We are HOMEOWNERS!!!

WE ARE HOMEOWNERS!!! hehehehe ...here's play by play of the weekend...:)
Thursday night I got off work and went straight to the house to get the keys. It only took me 30 min which is great for a commute around here. We showed my parents the house and they loved it!

Friday we got all the stuff out of the apartment by car loads except for the tables, etc and put it all into the garage. My mom and I also unpacked and cleaned up the kitchen so all our dishes, etc are put away.

Sat we couldn't get the truck until 4ish so we did all sorts of errands before then. We went to a store and as a house warming present my parents bought us a big sun to put on the outside of the house for decor and it is so cool looking! I will take pictures soon as we don't have Internet until wed i think. We also went and bought a new king bed!! So before that was delivered on sat my mom and i went and bought sheets, pillows, a comforter, etc for it. It is the most comfortable bed ever!! We also bought phones from Costco for the house as we will have that hooked up on wed too i think. Then by 4 we got the truck and loaded that up with our couches, tables, bed, etc and drove that over to the house. We unloaded all that and somewhat arranged as to where everything should go. Our living room only really has one wall for a TV and with the fireplace too we decided to put the TV into the fireplace hole and have the couches facing that way and our big fish tank can go on the wall. Its kinda weird having the TV in the fireplace but kinda fun at the same time. We figure we wont really have any fires here in AZ because of heat and if we do decide to it wont be that hard to move it out. We brought Cooper and Lily over to on Sat and they seem not to mind being there. Lily is super hyper in the house and it will probably take a few days or so for her to calm down and get relax as to where she is. I don't really think Cooper even realized we moved...hehehe. But he loves the yard and its so nice to have him out there. Sat night we looked at all my parents photos from Togo which was fun to see more in depth besides the few pics they send in emails. We haven't painted anything yet and we decided to get decor stuff first and see later what colors might be good.

Sunday my Dad and I woke up early so we put together our BBQ we got from the wedding which is super nice. We also spent some time at Lowe's and got a ladder, propane tank and other misc stuff for the house. We showed my parents the washer/dryer we will be getting as well as the refrigerator so that was fun for them to see the new stuff. Then before we took my parents to the airport my mom and I put paper onto the shelves in the bathrooms to freshen things up. Then we said our goodbyes to my parents for probably another year or two which was sad and then Tyler and I drove the rental truck back to the place and went to clean the apartment. It looked good all nice and clean.

Last night we opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate and watched a movie. It was nice to relax and take in the thought that this was our home and not just another rental place. This morning it only took me 15 min to get to work which was great! Although I left at 7:15 so I'm not sure if traffic will be worse later on. Tomorrow I'm going to try to leave at 7:30 so well see what it is like then.

Today our refrigerator and washer/dryer should be delivered so that will be great to get! I cant wait for that it be in place. I think having those will really make it feel like home. Tonight I want to get the closet and bathrooms better organized and then we also have puppy class so we will have a full night. Tyler also wants to put an alarm on the house so a rep is going to come and give us an estimate on that sometime today too.

We also met some of our neighbors through out the weekend and they all seem nice. Another young couple lives next door so that might be fun to have them over for a BBQ sometime.

It was a busy but exciting weekend and it feels so good to be out of the apartment. It was fun opening the garage door this morning and leaving the house and thinking that it was ours. It will be fun to unpack and make it feel that much more like home. But i think that is about it :) I sure more will come later!

No comments: